Dear people who read Love Letters,
Today you will find a brand new home for us.
It’s prettier, snazzier, friendlier and hopefully much easier to enjoy.
It also has a new Love Letters logo that I might tattoo on my bicep.
Most of it is very intuitive, but here are some things to know:
1. There’s a form for sending letters. You’ll find it at the top and bottom the site.
2. There’s also a complete archive that you can filter by categories.
3. At the bottom of the site you’ll find some classic letters and featured videos.
4. Below the letter you’ll see a place for a quote. At the start of the day, this space will feature some thoughtful quotes about love. As your comments start rolling in, I’ll feature your advice.
5. Most of the comments have been pulled over to this new site. Anything missing is on its way.
6. Chats will still take place Wednesdays at 1 p.m.
A big thank you to the small group of Love Letters regulars who gave their time to test this thing out. They were a big help.
We’re going to skip a new letter today (Tuesday) so that everyone has the chance to try it out and ask questions. I will be in the comments section as much as I can today (without being annoying, hopefully).
I’m also asking all lurkers to join us this week. If you’ve never left a comment, try it. I want to see old faces and some new ones.
I hope you like the site as much as I do. And as always, it helps when you write letters, so please do. Ask us anything. Tell us everything.
If you have any questions or tech problems (and yes, some occur when we launch new things), please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also on Twitter at @meredithgoldste. We’re also using @lovelettersblog on Twitter to announce events, contests, and to field questions.
Thanks for everything,